What’s this Sympatex fabric we use and talk about? Well, it’s this amazing high-tech fabric. Yeah, high-tech fabric! Sympatex is created for the love of outdoor activities regardless of the weather. It’s waterproof, windproof, breathable, durable and non toxic.
The challenge when creating Sympatex was this: That regardless of weather and activity level keep yourself dry and comfortable. There is few things that are more uncomfortable than having wet and cold clothes. Sympatex is like a smart fabric, the breathability in the fabric adapts to your activity level. The harder the activity, the more and better it works to keep you comfortable.
The Sympatex membrane can withstand a water column of 45 000 mm which basically means you can be in the middle of a monsoon for hours and not get wet. Read more here!
The windproof Sympatex material also protects you against the windchill effect. So when riding your snowmobile, while skiing or snowboarding or other activities you will not be affected by the temperature dropping as you are exposed to the windchill effect. The windchill effect means that when wind increase the perceived temperature drops. If you are riding your snowmobile and it is 3 degrees Celsius outside and you ride in a speed of 20-25 km/h the perceived temperature is - 6 Celsius. But with our gear with Sympatex you will be unaffected by this drop.
All of this sounds great, right! Well it doesn’t end there. Sympatex are working hard on creating a sustainable fabric in a world of textiles that are facing a lot of challenges.
The Sympatex membrane is:
- Made of perfectly safe polyether and polyester without any health hazards
- Sympatex is 100% recyclable, just like a PET-bottle
- Sympatex is Climate neutral
- Öko-Tex Standard 100 certified. That means completely health-friendly textile products
- Bluesign approved, as free of harmful substances as possible and produced in a safe way while saving resources
- Absolutely eco-friendly and skin-friendly
- Reduced carbon footprint in the polymer production